Picture Frame 2 Picture Frame 2

Controls need a lot of work. Forcing the player to restart for dying too many times is not necessary in any game these days. Especially since I don't remember seeing anything that warned me it would happen. Fix the typos!

LukeElchul responds:

Yea I am now sorry about that

Bubble Pop Bubble Pop

Just a few thoughts. It's an interesting idea, but there's so much going on that you can't really meaningfully predict where the bubbles are going to be, so each shot just kinds of ends up being random luck. Also, when you hit a red bubble, don't force the player to restart, just load up a new screen.

Red's Venture Red's Venture

Just a heads up, level 3 is really easy to cheat. Just jump while hitting a green thing and move to the right.

Turn Based Tank Wars Turn Based Tank Wars

I'm assuming that this is one of your first ever game projects... this is not ready for public consumption. Loads of problems. Really hard to fire 2 shots at the same angle, because you have to grab and aim each time. I only played one game, but it didn't seem like there was any way to move left or right. Why give the tanks treads and wheels if they can't move? Usually in this type of game, you can adjust the power as well as the angle.

Space Duster Space Duster

I replayed it a few times just to confirm... it really seems like you are doing a collision check on the exhaust from the player's ship against the enemy ships. There's no reason to have that strict of a collision check. Make the hitbox of the player's ship smaller than the ship itself, and definitely don't have any portion of the hitbox outside the player's ship.

Sprint Driver Sprint Driver

Very polished for this type of game, but a big problem I see is that upgrading your bike to the 400 coin one doesn't really make it any easier to collect coins. I'd say it even makes it more difficult. So it's not really a smart thing to buy, and when I realized I had basically wasted 400 coins I gave up. The coins take a really long time to collect as it is.

RGB RGB

Game looks good and like it would be fun, but the framerate completely tanked for me to the point where it really wasn't playable.

Rage comics - The game Rage comics - The game

Strictly speaking, it is a game, and it works... it's just... it feels like it should take more than 15 minutes of effort to get something through judgment on Newgrounds.

UrinTrolden responds:

I actually spend 2 days working on it, since it was my first game ever :D

Time Challeng Time Challeng

Just a copy/paste of a racing tutorial. Read the TOS, you're not supposed to upload games based on tutorials.

MotoRabbit MotoRabbit

Several design problems are holding the game back

1) There's no explanation for what the upgrades do. Some are obvious, sure, but what are the dice supposed to be? Improved luck stat? What does that mean and why would I upgrade it?

2) The game is a grinding nightmare. It's very easy to flip the rabbit over accidentally, and even if you are driving well, you can't get very far without lots of upgrades. In order for the reward cycle of a game like this to work properly, the act of progressing must itself be an enjoyable activity. Here it's just a chore to survive and then you are back on the upgrade screen with barely any more money.

3) You're allowing the player to use gas when their wheels aren't touching the ground. I guess you could say that this was meant to make the game tougher, but this type of game is usually aimed at a casual crowd, and I think there should have been some logic to prevent wasting fuel if the wheels aren't touching the ground. This is related to problem 2 because it makes it much harder to advance than it should be.

4) The bonus for destroying eggs seems pathetic compared to how rarely you can destroy them. $1? I think in the 5 minutes I played I only destroyed 4 or 5 of them. That's worth nothing in the game.